just the facts
I am a big nerd.
My destination was inevitable.
I’ve always loved words, stories, and books. Despite going through a few iterations of what I wanted to be when I grew up — fashion designer, Broadway star, and opera singer, to name a few — writer never fell off the list of careers. After college, with a fresh communications degree in hand, it was harder than I realized to pin down what I really wanted to do, or even what I could do. But I still had my universal truth: I have always wanted to tell stories.
Content = stories + connections
It didn’t take long after jumping into the working world with both feet to realize that making connections with people, something I took for granted as a part of my personality, was a professional strength. And not just a strength, but a skill that would become a valuable asset in my career.
So I took my love of storytelling and married it together with that talent for making connections, and I started looking for companies who needed someone like me. To my surprise, they weren’t that hard to find. That’s how I found my niche, and I’ve never looked back.
I'm more than just a marketer.
Just like everyone I know, I’m not totally defined by my career. I believe that the awesome things about a person are a huge driver behind their success at whatever they choose to do. And the most interesting thing about me definitely isn’t that I’m a great content marketer!
What else should you know about me?
- I’ve got an idea-hungry mind that is never satiated and an elephant memory for recall.
- I talk fast, and read even faster. And I read everything, from romance novels to psychology textbooks.
- I can probably beat you at Mario Kart, Street Fighter, and maybe Overwatch. I believe Tetris is a life skill.
- I may not have become an opera singer, but I trained to be one for three years. I love music and I love to sing.
- I moonlight as a local theater critic and arts journalist. I love supporting the arts communities through my writing.
- I am a technology junkie who is always on the lookout for cool new gadgets or awesome apps.
- I love alliteration, em dashes, consistent subheads, my red editing pen, and the Chicago Manual of Style.
What good content marketer would be without content? Here’s what’s on my mind as our world changes and the marketing field evolves.
I’ve had an industry-spanning career doing a little bit of everything and a whole lot of writing. These are some of my favorite projects to date.
I’m an input person who is always collecting great articles, resources, and additions to my personal martech stack. These are a few of the things I’m into right now.